UEENEEC005B Estimate electrotechnology projects
UEENEEC003B Provide quotations for installation or service jobs
ELECTRICAL ESTIMATING AND TENDERING TRAINING COURSE
This accredited training course enables Electricians, Supervisors and Project Managers, Electrical Contractors and Business Owners to work from Small Quotes to Large Tenders.
The Key benefits you will gain from this training are;
- Easily respond to constant changes in construction methods, tools, equipment and still produce fast accurate estimates
- Ability to read electrical plans and complete electrical take-offs with precision
- Increased profitability
- Improved negotiating skills
- Makes estimating easy – so you can save time and win more work
- Simplify the entire electrical estimating process in your business and projects
Day 1: Introduction to Electrical Estimating Process (8 hours)
The Introduction to Electrical Construction Estimating Process deals with the essential components of estimating and is designed to give the participants an introduction to the following:
- Preparation of a quotation from plans and specifications
- Quantity take-offs
- Material and Labour pricing
- Costing the job
- Tender Breakdown of costs
- Tender submission letter
- Life cycle costing analysis
- Documenting estimations and costing.
- Evaluating estimates and costs
As a participant you will do practical work which includes pricing the electrical installation of a domestic installation and preparing the documentation for a tender submission.
Day 2: Electrical Estimating Commercial Project (8 hours)
This session will consist of a more detailed continuation of Day 1 and essentially will be the preparation of a tender submission for a medium sized commercial/light industrial installation; complete a quotation and tender letter using the electrical estimating software with review and completion of the tender will include the following elements:
- Purpose and sources of a tender
- Documents supplied with a tender
- Typical special conditions included in a tender
- Tender submission requirements
- Ascertain Extent of the Project and Tender Requirements
- Estimate Project and Assemble Tender Submission
- Document and Submit Tender
Electrical Construction Estimating and Tendering Training Course Requirements
Essential electrical estimating tools are:
- Laptop Computer to accept Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Scale Ruler with common scales of 1:100; 1:200; 1:500 etc
- Metric Scale Map measuring wheel for measuring lengths of cables, cable ladder/tray, conduit etc. (Electrogroup to supply for class use only)
- Highlight pens of various colours.
- Pencils and eraser
- Black or blue pen
- Standard Calculator
- AS/NZS3000 Wiring Rules
- AS/NZS3008 Electrical installations – Selection of cables
- Access to Internet for sending and receiving emails and use File Sharing Software such as DropBox.
Included in this course for use during training:
FREE Access to PDF Screen Take-off Software and measuring wheel for manual take-offs.
FREE Access to Electrical Estimating Software.
Students will also need to complete an assignment before attending college.
Duration: 2 Days; 7:30am to 4.00pm
Course dates: Please select the following link for course dates
Location: Electrogroup, 9 Railway Terrace, Rocklea, Brisbane QLD 4106
Registration: Complete enrolment form
Cost: $690 AUD – (GST inc.) – Payable by debit or credit card upon registration
Students will receive a ‘Certificate of Attainment’ after successful completion of this course
Sign up now: