Skip to main content

Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas- Electrical

Course fee

$200 – If you are Eligible for CSQ Funding – (CSQ will fund the remaining $1,500 while
$1,700 If you are NOT Eligible for CSQ Funding


Fee is calculated through a Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funded subsidy of $1, 500.
Conditions apply to eligible applicants. Conditions apply to eligible applicants.

Go to for more information on
eligibility requirements.

Course details


Five day on campus attendance (plus additional work in own time)

About this course

This course is designed to give participants knowledge and practical skills for installing and
maintaining electrical equipment in hazardous areas. The course covers competencies in the
installation, maintenance and testing of equipment in hazardous areas as well as procedures
to attend to breakdowns. You will be required to complete additional work in your own time
on top of your face to face attendance to achieve this Certificate.

Download PDF


Must be a holder of a Nationally Recognised Unrestricted Electrical license OR an
Instrumentation trade Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control. If you have previously
completed Certificate IV in Electrical—Instrumentation, units may be credited to the
Certificate IV Hazardous Areas Electrical. Please Contact us to discuss these options. An entry
requirement is that participants must hold a current unrestricted electrical license.

Students will also need to complete pre-work before attending college.

Units in this course

Course dates

Apply for this course

Applying for: Certificate IV in Hazardous Areas- Electrical

2 + 7 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

Course calendar