Electrical Contractors Licence Queensland Training Course for Qualified Business Person (QBP) and Qualified Technical Person (QTP)
About this course
This course provides the requirements for people who are applying for an electrical contractor’s licence from the Electrical Safety Office (ESO) to become a Qualified Business Person (QBP) and Qualified Technical Person (QTP).
In order to apply for a Queensland Electrical Safety Office (ESO) Electrical Contractors Licence, you will need to meet the Qualified Business Person (QBP) and Qualified Technical Person (QTP) requirement and have completed the following units:
- UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace, and
- UEENEEG175A Develop compliance policies and plans to conduct a electrical contracting business, and
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business, and
- UEENEEG197A Apply currency of safe working practices and compliance verification of electrical installations (must have completed this unit within the last three years). *Is superseded by and equivalent to UEEEL0002-Apply currency of safe working practices and compliance verification of electrical installations under the New Training Package
- UEENEEG122A Conduct compliance inspection of single phase electrical installations , and
- UEENEEG123A Conduct compliance inspection of LV electrical installations with demand exceeding 100 A per phase.
If you have five (5) years or more of business experience, you may not have to complete BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business.
If you have completed a Cert III in Electrotechnology in the UEE11 training package you should already hold the unit UEENEEE101A and will not need to complete again
You should check with the Electrical Safety Office (ESO) to find out their exact requirements that apply to you.
Students are required to have digital copies of the following documents for this training:
- Completed Assignments for each competency Unit in Microsoft Word.
- Electrical Safety Act 2002
- Electrical Safety Regulations 2013
- Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2021 Managing Electrical Risks in the Workplace
- Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2020 Works
- AS/NZS 3000:2018 Wiring Rules
- AS/NZS 3012:2019 Electrical Installations Construction and Demolition Sites
- AS/NZS 3017:2007 Electrical Installations – Verification Guidelines
- AS/NZS 4836:2011 Safe working on or near low-voltage electrical installations
- Code of Practice How to Manage Work Health and Safety Risks 2011
- UEENEEE101A - Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace pre-requisite is required or if unable to supply certificate for this unit must be completed to meet electrical contractors licensing requirements for Qualified Business Person (QBP) if needed, this unit is also a listed pre- requisite for other units in the course.
- Students will also require evidence of current CPR training.
- Students will need to complete pre-reading and assignments for these units before course commencement. Please see below unit list for more details.
- UEENEEG197A has a significant amount of verification testing involved and it is recommended you complete the Testing & Fault Finding Refresher prior to this unit.